Things I’ve Been Working On

So I continue to be a little unmotivated this week.  I was hoping to get a new cartridge for my Xyron machine, but never did.  Then my blade broke on my saw so I still have to get a new one.  I figured I would post photos of what I have done so far, even though the projects aren’t yet complete.

The first one is this set of Countdown to Christmas blocks.  The paper I used is off white with lots of gold, glittery snowflakes all over.  I then added red glitter to my numbers.  I was happy with them until I added some mod podge to the whole works of it.  I thought that would help keep the glitter on, but unfortunately it just spread the glitter all over the place.  It isn’t noticeable from a distance, and I suppose if I didn’t say anything people might just think I sprinkled some red glitter on them just to add some extra sparkle…but I didn’t.  I was using my Xyron machine to make the numbers sticky for the glitter, but since my cartridge emptied on me, I decided to use mod podge, then put the number between two pieces of paper and put them through my Cuttlebug.  That extra pressure makes the glitter stick on great!

DSC00172My other project is a new set of owl bookends.  I’ve decided I need to add more “finished” bookends to my shop rather than just kits.  I tried a new look for my owls around the eyes.  I’m still in the playing around mode to find out exactly how I want my owls to look.  For this set I still need to paint up the actual bookends to stick my owls to.

I’ve also been working on a new set of ABC 123 bookends that are geared towards a boy’s room.  I’ve done them in grey and off white.  I still need to add the letters and numbers and paint up my ends.  I’ll get a picture of them up as soon as I finish them!

Please follow and like us:
error

Leave a Reply